We’re Looking Out For You
Each year, scammers and identity thieves steal billions of dollars from consumers. Read below to learn how to recognize, report, and prevent fraud, common scams, identity theft, and cybercrimes.
Online Shopping Scams
Prize, Sweepstakes, and Lotteries
Business & Job Opportunity Scams
What to Report and Where to Report it?
- Report anything you think may be identity theft – in scam, cybercrime, or data breach – and ge a recovery plan. Reporting site: IdentityTheft.gov
- Report unwanted calls from telemarketers and register your number on the national do not call registry. Reporting site: National Do Not Call Registry
- Report anything you think may be a fraud, scam, or bad business practice. Reporting Site: ReportFraud.ftc.gov
- Report any suspected cybercrime. Reporting site: Internet Crime Complaint Center(IC3) | Home Page
- Report a suspected investment fraud or a problem with your investments. Reporting Site: SEC.gov | Tips, Questions, and Complaints
- Report a potentially fraudulent, illegal, or unethical investment activity.
Reporting Site: File a Tip | FINRA.org
- Report a violation of the Commodity Exchange Act or Commission regulations. Reporting Site: Submit a Tip | CFTC
- NCUA Fraud & Prevention Center
- Credit Reports & Credit Scores
- Checking and Credit Cards
- Understanding your Credit Card Statement
- P2P Payments